Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The purpose of this post is to just share with everyone some of my favorite things to knit and where you can find them. Since it’s fall and unfortunately, rapidly moving into winter, these will be some of my favorite things to knit for fall and winter.  All of these link to places where I usually go to get my patterns and ideas. Have fun!

One of my absolute favorite things to make for winter is an afghan. I’m one of those people who loves to lay in bed wrapped up in a big cuddly blanket all warm and sleepy. This is a site where I always go to get inspiration and patterns. http://www.allfreeknitting.com/Knit-Afghans-and-Blankets

So recently, I made an ear warmer for this winter and I absolutely love it. I have had so many compliments on it and I was really surprised. I actually made it in a matter of about thirty minutes. This pattern is more for intermediate knitters because there is a different type of stitch called a purl stitch in this tutorial. I haven’t shown how to do a purl stitch yet on my blog but I could make that one of my next blog posts. Here is the link to the pattern if you would like to try knitting the ear warmer. http://devilbuzz.com/en/video/8lIgXnU9oNk/Twistin-Turban

What’s the one thing every girl wants this winter? Think really hard. If you’re thinking of an infinity scarf, you’re absolutely right. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s basically a scarf that’s a big circle that you can wrap around your neck a couple times to keep you extra warm. The project I am currently working on is indeed an infinity scarf. They’re easy and pretty quick to make. Here is a link to one that would be easy for a beginner knitter like most of you, to start with. http://www.tinselmint.com/2013/05/free-infinity-scarf-pattern-for.html



  
If you follow the easy steps on the pattern, you should have stylish stitches for your wardrobe in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment